Where Can I Recycle Batteries?
(Cross-posted from our franchising opportunities blog)
If you’ve ever wondered where to recycle batteries, look no further than your local Interstate All Battery Center®. As the battery recycling leader since 1952, Interstate® Batteries has proven that “green” is more than just a color in our logo.
Here’s one more example of how we’re green: The Interstate All Battery Center of Longview recently was recognized as the local recycling expert at Longview’s Go Green Art Walk, in which more than 20 retail stores hosted an environmentally responsible artist.
In addition to sponsoring the event’s sustainable living video, the Longview All Battery Center had a booth where the team spoke with hundreds of attendees. The store discussed battery recycling and handed out coupons and pencils made of recycled tires.
To promote attendance, the Longview location also held an in-store drawing and awarded a $100 Visa gift card to one lucky customer.
Other Interstate All Battery Centers are also taking part in major recycling activities this month in honor of Earth Day:
- On April 9, Interstate All Battery Center of Selma, Texas, participated at Earth Day San Antonio at Woodlawn Lake. The store gave away recycled pencils and seed packets of Texas Bluebonnets.
- Last weekend, the Charlotte, N.C., stores participated in Charlotte Clean and Green, with an expected 5,000 participants.
- The Tulsa, Okla., store will participate in the city’s Enviro Expo on Wednesday, April 20.
- In Des Moines, Iowa, Interstate All Battery Centers are participating in Trash Bash 2011 on Friday. Teams will sweep the city accumulating trash and recyclables, and the stores will collect junk batteries on the spot.
- The Arvada, Colo., store is holding contest for battery recycling among several elementary schools in the area. The winner will receive a battery, an inverter and a solar charger for their science department. On Earth Day, the store will sponsor a booth in downtown Denver from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to promote battery recycling.
- In Lincoln, Neb., Interstate All Battery Center will attend the city’s all-day Earth Day celebration on Saturday, April 23. The Omaha, Neb., store will set up a table at Elmwood Park on Saturday to showcase their battery recycling program.
- For the City of Olathe Chamber of Commerce Earth Day event at the Mall of the Great Plains, the Overland Park, Kan., store will set up a booth to educate people about recycling and using rechargeable batteries.
- Interstate All Battery Centers in Houston will participate in Earth Day Houston 2011 at the George R. Brown Convention Center on Saturday.
- Dallas-area Interstate All Battery Centers are participating in the Earth Day Dallas celebration this weekend to promote battery recycling.
Are you participating in Earth Day activities in your area? Leave a comment and let us know!