20 Things to Do With Sliced Bread
We’re celebrating Interstate Batteries’ 20-year relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing by appearing on Joey Logano’s No. 20 car this Sunday in Martinsville. Fellow driver Randy LaJoie nicknamed Logano “Sliced Bread,” as in “the greatest thing since.” As we write this, Cup practice has been delayed at Martinsville because of rain. So we wondered, what are some things you can do with sliced bread? Below are 20 things we came up with on the fly. Add your own in the comments!
1. Make toast (Follow the directions!)
2. Make a grilled cheese sandwich.
3. Make French toast.
4. Use as a replacement bun for a hot dog.
5. Make fluffernutters.
7. Use as stucco-style siding for gingerbread houses
8. Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (But what flavor jelly?)
9. Soften up brown sugar.
10. Pick up glass shards from the floor.
11. Make sculptures.
12. Thicken soup.
13. Use for croutons
14. Make bread pudding.
15. More toast, only this time with four fried chickens.
16. Make an egg in the basket.
17. Make beads. Yes, beads.
18. Mix into meatloaf or meatballs.
19. Dip it in cheese for fondue.
20. Win a NASCAR race.
What would you add to this list? Tell us in the comments.