Charging your gadget’s battery the right way
We stumbled upon this article from Lifehacker the other day and thought it was too good not to share: How Often Should I Charge My Gadget’s Battery to Prolong Its Lifespan?
We recommend you read the article, as it takes much of its information from Battery University, a great resource for battery-related information. (Note: Battery University is maintained by Cadex, which supplies battery analyzers and chargers to many of our Distributors and Interstate All Battery Centers.)
We recommend you pay attention to two points in particular:
- Don’t overcharge your battery. Take your device off the charger when it’s full.
- Don’t leave your battery discharged. The battery will essentially kill itself if you leave it sitting discharged and unused for a long time.
Read the article and let us know what you think in the comments below. Do you have any battery questions you need answered? Ask us, and we’ll answer in a future post.
- Overcoming the Dreaded Memory Effect (blogbattery.com)
- Truths, Myths and Big, Fat Lies About Battery Recycling (blogbattery.com)
- Batteries for Handheld Computer Devices (allbatteryfranchise.com)