Gear Up for your Road Trip
Ready to pack up the family and hit the road in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving with grandma? Make sure you’re prepared. Here are a few must-have items on your road trip ready list, most of which are conveniently found at Interstate All Battery Center and interstatebatteries.com. What are the odds?
- A working car battery. The most important leg of any road trip isn’t the drive to your destination; it’s the drive home. After spending a few days with relatives you only see once a year – and for good reason – chances are you’re ready to get out of there quickly. So it’s the worst time to hear that dreaded “click-click-click-click-click” when you turn the key. Get your battery tested before your trip to ensure a clean getaway.
- A fresh battery for your key or key fob. You may not realize it, but that fancy key that came with your car probably has a little battery inside. And that little battery can keep you from going anywhere. Just ask our former CEO.
- Car charger for your cellphone. You don’t need a chatty teenager to run down your cellphone battery. Whether you use your smartphone as a GPS device or as an arcade to entertain the kids, its battery won’t last long. Use your car’s power port (or if you’re old-school, its cigarette lighter) to keep you charged up.
- Fresh alkaline batteries for the gaming devices. A surefire way to cut down on the “Are we there yet?” chorus in the back seat is to equip the kids with handheld electronic games. Take a few packs of AA batteries with you to keep the fun going. And if those devices use special batteries, your local Interstate All Battery Center has you covered.
- Portable power packs. Everyone can use a little extra juice now and then, and our portable power packs are fortified with essential volts and amp-hours. If you charge your device via USB, you can top it off with one of these packs. We even have solar-powered models available.
Count on Interstate for everything you need to keep your holiday road trip stress free. (Well, almost – you’re on your own with that politically incorrect uncle of yours.)
- I’m Not Only The President – I’m A Customer (blogbattery.com)
- Cool Head Earns High Praise (blogbattery.com)
- Spring Break Travel Tips (blogbattery.com)