Team Interstate: 2, 3, 4 in Indianapolis
Team Interstate finished strong in Sunday’s 21st annual Brickyard 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The 2-3-4 finish marked the first time all three Team Interstate cars have finished in the top-five together since September 2010.
Kyle Busch, driver of the No. 18 Snickers/Interstate Batteries Toyota Camry, led the way by finishing second. It was his third top-five finish and eight top 10 in 10 career starts at the Brickyard, and his sixth top-five and ninth top-10 of 2014. Denny Hamlin in the No. 11 and Matt Kenseth in the No. 20 finished third and fourth, respectively. Jeff Gordon won the race.
“I don’t think anybody had anything for the 24 (Gordon),” Kyle said. “Those guys were really, really fast, but it was also a great day for this Snickers Camry. I can’t say enough about everybody at Joe Gibbs [Racing] with all the hard work and everything they’ve done this year. They’re helping give our program a boost and moving forward a little bit. I think this was a really big day for JGR and for Toyota. I’m proud of the effort to bring all three home in the top-five.”
- Recap (KyleBusch.com)
- JGR has great overall Brickyard run, but Hamlin’s car could have issues (NBCSports.com)
- Hamlin: ‘Inching our way there’ (USAToday.com)
- Gibbs drivers deliver everything but a win (FoxSports.com)
Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Series
Washougal Motorsports Park
Justin Brayton earns ninth overall, while Josh Grant is advised to sit the race out after a crash in practice.
- No.10 – Justin Brayton – 9th
- No. 33 – Josh Grant – Did not compete
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and Sprint Cup Series visit Pocono Raceway
- NASCAR Nationwide Series visits Iowa Speedway
- Motocross takes the weekend off
Posted in Racing