Team Interstate: 18th for #18 in Atlanta
Matt Kenseth led Team Interstate at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Sunday by finishing fifth in the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. David Ragan, interim driver of the No. 18 M&M’s Crispy/Interstate Batteries Toyota Camry, finished 18th in his debut for Joe Gibbs Racing.
David started 17th and ran as high as fourth before the handling began to go away. After a long green-flag run, he had fallen to 22nd by lap 167.
“I think it was a snowball effect,” David said after the race. “We just really probably were a little behind on our adjustment, and that’s probably just my inexperience with these guys and being a little timid on making a few adjustments.”
“We learned a lot, brought the car back in one piece, but we can run better than that. I felt like we had a good, solid top-10 car and things just didn’t shake out.”
- No. 18 – Daniel Suarez: 14th
- No. 20 – Matt Kenseth: 8th
- No. 54 – Erik Jones: 13th
Monster Energy Supercross
- No. 23 – Weston Pieck: 10th
- No. 46 – Phillip Nicoletti: 17th
- NASCAR: Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Erik Jones will drive the No. 20 Interstate Batteries Toyota Camry in the Xfinity Series on Saturday.
- Supercross: Daytona International Speedway