Team Interstate finishes mid-pack in Phoenix
Carl Edwards led Team Interstate with a 13th-place finish in Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series CampingWorld.com 500k at Phoenix International Raceway. Teammates Matt Kenseth, David Ragan (filling in for the injured Kyle Busch) and Denny Hamlin finished 16th, 21st and 23rd, respectively.
“We had a top-15 Snickers Xtreme Camry I think,” David said. “Real proud of my guys and the way we started, but just had a really tough last third of the race.”
David held the 15th spot until lap 310, when he got loose following a restart and lost several positions. An air gun malfunction on the final pit stop on lap 290 dropped the Snickers/Interstate Batteries No. 18 back to 26th on the ensuing restart. He was able to make up five positions over the final 20 laps to earn his 21st-place finish.
Kevin Harvick won the race, his second of the young season.
- No. 18 – Daniel Suarez – 11th
- No. 20 – Matt Kenseth – 2nd
- No. 54 – Erik Jones – 5th
Monster Energy AMA Supercross
- No. 23 – Weston Peick – 4th
- No. 46 – Phil Nicoletti – 13th
- NASCAR: Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif. David Ragan will drive the No. 18 Interstate Batteries Toyota.
- Supercross: Ford Field, Detroit