8 Tips to Give Your Auto Repair Business a Lift
Interstate Batteries is the preferred brand of automotive batteries because of the hard work and dedication of so many independent automotive repair shops. It’s in these local businesses where we do our business and connect our neighbors to what matters most.
That’s why we’re offering to return the favor with a handful of business tips for auto repair shops:
- Review last year’s numbers and do a little spring cleaning for your business. If business isn’t growing, it might be time to make some adjustments. Doing things the same way and expecting different results? We all know how that turns out. 8 tips to give your auto-repair business a lift. Click To Tweet
- Communicate with everyone: employees, accounts, the community. Ask for help when you need it, and be open to constructive criticism. Compliments tell you what’s working well, and complaints are an opportunity to grow.
- Check trends and make sure you know what’s going on out there! What’s going on in the world can affect business, so you want to be prepared. Lower gas prices = more travel, more leisure activities, more batteries. Big storm in the north = time for extra power. Check tourism in your area for big opportunities.
- Ask for referrals and offer to give them. Tell your employees to ask for referrals from current customers. Word-of-mouth is the most effective advertising you can’t buy. Word-of-mouth is the most effective advertising you can’t buy. More tips for auto repair shops: Click To Tweet
- Encourage recycling because it promotes repeat customers and helps you connect with the community.
- Step up your online presence so people can find you when they need you. We give you a head start with our Dealer Locator on interstatebatteries.com. Also, Google your business, create a Facebook page and even have community contests.
- Be clean and well-stocked to make sure your business is a comfortable environment for your customers. Make your lobby a place they like to go, want to return to and will tell others about.
- Align with the Better Business Bureau and your local chamber of commerce. Recognition is a seal of approval for your business from trusted sources.
Do you own an auto repair shop? What tips would you add? Tell us in the comments.8 best business tips for automotive repair shops Click To Tweet